I recently realized the lack of vegan desserts on my blog apart from my Chocolate Chip Cookies and so I decided I had to make a new one (plus I was craving something sweet)! These are just sweet potato brownies, made free of artificial sugars and are completely vegan! They’re perfect for family get togethers, a special holiday, or even an everyday sweet treat.
Decadent Sweet Potato Brownies
- 3/4 cup sweet potato purée
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 2/3 cup of dates
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao
- 2 tbsp of plant milk
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Take one large bowl and add the 1 cup of natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup of sweet potato purée, and 1/2 tbsp of organic vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Take another large bowl and add 2/3 cup coconut sugar, 1/4 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, 1 1/2 tbsp of baking soda, the sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt, and the optional chocolate chips. Mix until all clumps are removed.
- Add the dry ingredients in three separate batches to the wet, making sure they’re thoroughly mixed each time.
- Take a 9in x 9in pan and line it with parchment paper. Add the brownie batter to the pan and flatten it out before baking it for 20 minutes at 325F.
- While the brownies bake, add the 2/3 cup of dates, 1/4 cup of raw cacao, and 2 tbsp of plant based milk to a blender. Blend until it forms a thick paste.
- Wait for the brownies to firm up and cool down before icing.
Feel free to sub out and/or add any ingredients you enjoy! I make a batch and freeze them that way I can enjoy them whenever.
Thank you so much for reading!