I recently bought an air fryer and I’m so happy I finally got around to it! It’s so much healthier than regular frying and a lot easier, if I might add. Air frying doesn’t require any oil but still delivers the fluffy and crunchy taste you want. That being said, this recipe is oil free and gluten free as it doesn’t contain any flour.
Air Fried Tofu
- 2 containers (24 oz./680g) extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- Drain both packages of tofu and cut both blocks into half inch sized squares.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of tofu in a large bowl and add 3 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp black pepper, and 1 tsp pink himalayan salt. Mix until the tofu is completely covered.
- Pour the pieces of tofu into the air fryer and place it on 400F (204C) for 12 minutes.
- Check the tofu every few minutes and mix it so each piece gets evenly crispy. If the tofu isn’t done after 12 minutes, let it go for a few more minutes but check it frequently.
- Once the tofu is crispy and browned, you’re ready to eat!
Thank you so much for reading!