Lately my schedule seems to be getting busier and busier so I’ve been in desperate need of quick dinners I can just throw together. After my last meal prep, the tofu ‘ricotta’ stuffed shells, I decided to try something I haven’t since going vegan so I figured why not do tacos! These in particular are vegan, nut-free, oil-free, and can be made gluten free!
Easy Vegan Tacos
- 1 cup (96g) dry textured vegetable protein
- 1 tbsp each of paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 cup (40g) vegan sour cream
- 1/2 avocado
- organic flour tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- Bring 7/8 cup of water to a boil then turn heat off and add 1 cup TVP. Stir and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- While your TVP firms up you’ll want to cut the orange bell pepper, red bell pepper, and white onion into slices then dice the jalapeño. Then you’ll want to add them to a large saucepan on high heat, stirring often so they don’t burn.
- Once the TVP has reached a meat-like consistency add 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Place your oven on broil and place your tortillas onto the racks for approximately three to four minutes.
- At this point your taco ‘meat’, vegetables, and tortillas should be done so you can go ahead and assemble them! I took three of the tortillas and filled them first with the taco ‘meat’ and veggies then a bit of chipotle hot sauce, chopped cilantro, slices of avocado, and a few dollops of sour cream.
Thank you so much for reading!