Growing up, chocolate chip cookies were my favorite dessert. My mom and I would make them all the time but when I went vegan, I thought I would never be able to enjoy her cookies again. After continuous trial and error, I’ve finally veganized them! These cookies are protein packed, gluten free, and contain absolutely no oil.
- 1 1/4 cup (200 g) quinoa flour
- 1 cup (160g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (80g) plant milk
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
- 1 tbsp (15g) chia seeds
- 1 tsp (6g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 400F (204C) then make your chia egg by combining 1 tbsp of chia seeds with 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, placing it to the side in order for it to set.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1 cup of coconut sugar, and 1/2 tsp of baking soda to a large mixing bowl, stirring until roughly combined.
- Add your 1/2 cup of plant milk and can of chickpeas to a blender, making sure to include the aquafaba (chickpea liquid), and pulse until it has a pudding-like consistency. You’ll then need to add it to a second mixing bowl, along with 1 tsp of vanilla and your chia egg, giving it a quick stir.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ones in small batches, mixing until fully incorporated. Once done, add your 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips.
- Place twelve medium-sized dollops of the batter onto a baking sheet and bake them for 8 minutes at 400F.
Thank you so much for reading!