Stir fries are honestly the easiest meal to make and make in abundance! I love making a huge batch of it so I always have an easy go-to meal waiting for me at home. Stir fries are awesome because you can pack in an abundance of vegetables all the while getting a good amount of fiber in! This recipe in particular is nut free, gluten free, and oil free.
Healthy Vegan Stir Fry With Baked Tofu
- 3 cups (480g) brown rice
- 1 package (340g) extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) broccoli
- 1 cup (160g) bok choy
- 1 cup (160g) baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 cups (120g) white onion
- 1/2 cups (80g) carrot
- 1/4 cups (40g) mini rainbow peppers
- 1/4 cups (40g) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cups (40g) tamari
- 3 tbsp (25g) garlic
- 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425F (218C) then cook your brown rice per the instructions on the package.
- Remove the block of tofu from it’s container then cut it into small half inch squares and spread them out onto a baking sheet. Once the oven finishes preheating, bake them for 25 minutes.
- While the tofu bakes, you’ll want to start prepping your vegetables. Start by cutting the bottoms off of the bok choy and the broccoli, cut the mushrooms and carrots in half, then the white onion and peppers into small strips.
- Once you’ve prepped all of your veggies, you’ll want to place them in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of water, 2 tbsp of garlic, and the juice of one lemon then place the lid on top in order to steam them.
- As the vegetables steam and the tofu bakes, you’ll want to make your sauce. Add 1/4 cup of tamari and 1 tbsp of garlic to a small bowl then stir until it’s incorporated.
- The tofu should be finished at this point, so pull it out of the oven and pour your sauce over the pieces, mixing them together. You’ll just want to spread the tofu back out and place it in the oven for an additional ten minutes.
- Once the tofu is done, you’re ready to dish the stir fry out!
This recipe is super filling and is packed with 34g of protein per serving! It’s so easy to just make ahead and stick in the fridge for a future grab on the go meal.
Thank you so much for reading!